What Is My Approach?
I use the art and science of coaching to help clients reach their professional and personal mastery goals. I help clients design action plans (Blueprint for Success).
I use powerful questions to help client unleash blocked energy.
Video recording is used to help clients observe their presence in a safe environment with support feedback and critique.
I meet the client where the client is and help the client to move forward towards their goals.
Clients are given practice work between sessions.
- Confidentiality is a core value.
- Coaching is provided to clients who are whole persons.
- Client notes are taken only to ensure accountability and follow-up.
- Public speaking practice sessions are recorded on the client’s phone to ensure privacy. Sessions are private and not open for recording by either party without knowledge and permission.
- One hundred percent of the scheduled time and attention is devoted to the client.
- Exercise professional judgment at all times regarding client’s readiness for coaching.
- Be mindful of and gentle with the human spirit at all times with full awareness of the whole person.
- Do no harm.
- Appointments are for one hour to one hour and a half. Appointments beginning late will maintain the slot scheduled.
- Local clients have an option for in-person meetings which are normally two hours.
- Phone appointments can be held via Adobe Virtual Coaching Studio or through Skype.
- Cancellations: clients are encouraged to keep scheduled appointments or to reschedule within the same week when possible.
- Cancellations without notification 24 hours in advance by email or text to 703-300-8212 may result in a 50% fee.
- Materials are for client-use only.
The Coaching Session
The coaching session can be sixty minutes to two hours. Calls can be intense. It is recommended that clients do not book appointments immediately before or after a call. Strive to have fifteen minutes to center yourself before a call. Allow a fifteenminute window at the end of the call for journal notations or reflection.
I request that you call me at 703-300-8212 or 703-471-5577. This ensures you are ready and focused for the call. The agenda addresses your most immediate dilemma or need.
Fees are paid by credit card. No client information related to credit paid purchases are stored on our site.
My coaching philosophy is influenced by the International Coach Federation (www.coachfederation.org/about-icf/ethics/icf-code-ofethics/):
“Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
Coaching involves the whole person as one steps back and pauses to discern with more clarify the personal power within. I use powerful questions to assist you in exploring your thinking at a deeper level. The goal is to listen deeply to help you to rediscover your confidence and to appreciate strengths.
The client is at the center of the coaching experience. My role is to support to support the client to meet articulated goals.
Executive, Career, and Professional Development Coaching
The coaching journey will provides a focused opportunity to:
- Have confidential conversations keenly focused on the impact of public speaking on your life and career.
- Undertake the confidential coaching journey to strengthen confidence.
- Think through your challenges with a supportive guide.
- Develop a strategy for success.
My Core Value
To improve the quality of life on the planet by helping individuals, teams, and organizations identify and manage unsolvable problems (leverage polarities). I also work at the individual level to maximize communication effectiveness, support personal mastery, address issues related to presence and confidence.
I employ the skills and competencies established by the International Coach Federation (www.coachfederation.org). I have a particularly high value of confidentiality and trust.
I have an impressive track record of helping to take their dreams out of lay-away.
Expert Credentials and Experience
- Academic and Professional Training: Executive Leadership, Georgetown University; Leadership Coaching, Georgetown University; Communications Management, Annenberg School of Communication, University of Southern California; Widening Opportunities for Women; Human Interaction Lab, National Training Laboratories.
- National Chairperson, National Speakers Association Motivation/Keynote Professional Experts Group.
- Leadership Legacy Coach, George Mason University
- Manager of Training and Organization Development, National Education Association
- Executive Counsel; National Education Association
- Career Transition Coach, Leadership Fairfax.
- Career Success Coach, International Monetary Fund Family Association
- Coach Trainer, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Management Coach, ProInspire
- Division Champion, Toastmasters International, International Speech Contests in District 36 and District 27. District Finalist in Humorous Speaking and Tall Tales, District 36.
- Certified Consultant: (Meyers-Biggs Personality Type Indicator; Polarity Assessment in Organizations, Organization Development; Strategic Start/Executive Induction;
- Certified Trainer: True Colors and Facilitative Leadership.
*Note: Prescribed assessment links are sent upon signing the contract.