05/15/2017 - 05/16/2017
9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Its Inaugural run will be during International Coaching Week: May 15-16.
Coaches can receive ICF credits and human resource professionals can receive SHRM recertification credit.
Monday, May 15th will be from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm and includes an innovative experiential session beginning at 8:30 pm.
Tuesday, May 16th will be held from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and includes facilitation practice and closing luncheon. The entire session is 12 contact hours.
This is a deep dive into the foundations of race and conflict and how it shows up in today’s workplace and institutions. Such a foundation will equip coaches, counselors, therapists, and HR professionals with the awareness of the invisible: nuances readily grasped by people of color but may elude those from the dominant socio-cultural frames of reference.
- This groundbreaking session is built upon adult learning theory, organization development, applied behavioral science, leadership coaching, inclusion challenges, and the dimensions of diversity dynamics.
- In a safe and intensive learning environment, participants will engage in experiential RaceLab activities to expand points of view and raise awareness of why coaches and human resource professionals sometimes stumble and fumble through conversations and interventions on race and implicit bias.
- Practice sessions on coaching across lines of racial differences will be demonstrated.
- Pre-work is offered to maximize learning and application of frameworks.
- Sessions will be at the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. Monday night will be an extended day with a group dinner in the Reston Town Center, transportation included.
- Quick and Easy Reservations for Attendees
Monday, 9:00 am to 10:00 pm:
Program from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. • Diversity Reception 5:30 – 7:30 • RaceLab at from 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Registration: Building the Community
- Setting the Context–Race, Racism, Ethnicity, Immigration: Foundations of Difference
- Talking about Race in Safe Space
- Afternoon Breakout sessions
- Group dinner: Reston Town Center (Transportation included)
- Experiential RaceLab session from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. (RaceLab is required to participate. During this segment, participants will experience the impact of race and difference in an innovative game format followed by facilitated small group authentic conversations.) This is not to be missed!
Tuesday, May 16 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Breakout sessions
- Closing luncheon
Hotel overnight stay May 15, 2017: $199 plus tax–Embassy Suites Dulles Airport
13341 Woodland Park Drive, Herndon, Virginia, 20171, USA
A Wealth of Take Away Resources that can be used immediately:
- FACES—the toolkit (global release February 28, 2017) that strengthens our observation of ourselves and others. Retail: $238 but included in the inaugural registration fee.
- MBTI – deepening the thought processes about personality types as it impacts our interactions and conversations regarding race matters.
- Crucial Conversations – Understanding the physiological aspects related to dealing with conversations when the stakes are high, opinions differ, and the need for the conversation CAN’T be ignored.
- Audacious Conversations about Race – Encouraging a step-by-step process for broaching and holding true to conversations regarding, involving, and concerning race.
- RaceLab through Star Power Simulation with an unequal distribution of “wealth” in the room (as in the world, participants bargain and trade to increase their wealth in order to win and be “seen”). Key understanding will emerge about individual, group, and societal dynamics as it concerns diversity and its impact on those “in” and “outside” of the majority group.
Registration is capped at 30.
Learning facilitators are:
Dr. Dennis Slaughter, Harvard Trade Union Program and MBTI Specialist, Milton, MA
Arthuretta Martin, M.S. CFCM, DTM, Trainer,Chair of Health and Wellness for the Coalition for Change, Washington D.C. Metro Area
Ms. Tamara S. Hamilton, Leadership and Diversity Coach
Guest presenters are pioneers in the early entry of African Americans into corporate management which occurred in the mid-seventies and early eighties. They will share personal stories.
3D Global Coaching Summit