3D Global Coaching Summit: Dimensions of Diversity Dynamics May 15-16, 2017
Its Inaugural run will be during International Coaching Week: May 15-16, 2017.
The first day, Monday is from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. We reconvene for a group dinner at 5:30 pm and an experiential RaceLab session from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm. RaceLab is required to participate. This is not to be missed!
Tuesday, May 16 runs from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, includes facilitation practice and closing luncheon.
The entire session is 12 contact hours. Coaches can receive ICF credits and human resource professionals can receive SHRM recertification credit.
This is a deep dive into the foundations of race theory, policies, practices, and conflict, and how it shows up in today’s workplace and institutions. Such a foundation will equip participants — especially coaches, HR professionals, therapists, counselors, organizers, educators, leaders, and consultants with a deep awareness of how to talk about race and differences. Participants will learn how to facilitate conversations in this sensitive area and recognize nuances readily grasped by people of color that may elude those from the dominant socio-cultural frames of reference.
- This groundbreaking session is built upon adult learning theory, organization development, applied behavioral science, leadership coaching, inclusion challenges, and the dimensions of diversity dynamics.
- In a safe and intensive learning environment, participants will engage in experiential RaceLab activities to expand points of view and to raise awareness of why coaches and human resource professionals sometimes stumble and fumble through conversations and interventions on race and implicit bias.
- Practice sessions on coaching across lines of racial differences will be demonstrated.
- Pre-work is required to maximize learning and application of frameworks.
- Sessions will be in Reston in a location within a short walk of Embassy Suites. Monday night will be an extended day with a group dinner in the Reston Town Center.
Monday, 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
Program from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. • Diversity Reception 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm • RaceLab at from 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Registration: Building the Community
- Setting the Context–Race, Racism, Ethnicity, Immigration: Foundations of Difference
- Talking about Race in Safe Space
- Afternoon Breakout sessions
- Group dinner: Reston Town Center (Transportation included)
- Experiential RaceLab session from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm. (RaceLab is required to participate. During this segment, participants will experience the impact of race and difference in an innovative game format followed by facilitated small group authentic conversations.) This is not to be missed!
Tuesday, May 16 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Breakout sessions
- Closing luncheon
Registration for the Fall 2017, Winter/Spring 2018 sessions will be $2500 and 2.5 days.
The inaugural session is discounted at $995.00 and includes a wealth of take-away resources that can be used immediately.
Registration is capped at 30.
The event will be held at Embassy Suites, Herndon, Virginia
Quick and Easy Reservations for Attendees
Learning facilitators are:
Dr. Dennis Slaughter, Harvard Negotiation Program and MBTI Specialist, Milton, MA
Arthuretta Martin, M.S. CFCM, DTM, Trainer, Washington D.C. Metro Area
Guest presenters will be pioneers in the early entry of African Americans into corporate management which occurred in the mid-seventies and early eighties. They will share personal stories.
Tamara S. Hamilton, Leadership and Diversity Coach
(Facilitators subject to be expanded depending on enrollment)RESERVE YOUR SPACE BEFORE APRIL 1, 2017!