Hearing the Call
A small voice speaks when we rest our minds and let our thoughts marinate. Like the body, the mind needs stillness and rest to refuel, to rejuvenate. While resting my mind on my 63rd birthday, an idea buried under three years of post-retirement activity, was born. I did not want to fall into the trap of mistaking a busy life for a life with deeper meaning. I had to sit a minute and let myself catch up to me. When that happens, a lot happens. This time is the nurturing of an idea that has lived in my heart a long time, just waiting for the time and the opportunity to “pay it forward.” The announcement below is the essence of an idea whose time has finally come.
Association Training Academy
Who We Are
The Association Training Academy (ATA) is a professional network of highly skilled organizational change agents, consultants, facilitators, coaches, and organization development practitioners. The network provides professional development, coaching, and training to associations, nonprofits, unions, school districts, and civic organizations that are grappling with tough issues related, but not limited, to:
- Leadership and Personal Mastery
- Executive, Presidential, and Management Onboarding
- Staff Engagement and Morale
- Executive and Managerial Transition
- Retirement Coaching: What’s Next?
- Strategic Planning for Organizers
- Managing Time and Priorities
- New Staff Development
- Difficult Conversations
- Communication Skills
- Career Development
- Agenda Driving
- Project Management
- Leadership and Well Being
ATA Network Associates hold extensive certifications in organization development, facilitation skills, leadership development, project management, management training, board development, and executive coaching.
ATA prides itself on having a team of professionals with academic preparation and experience on the front lines of working with associations and advocacy groups facing unprecedented challenges.
- To provide a high level of learning experiences for leaders, managers, and staff who work for associations and advocacy organizations, specifically unions.
- To design and deliver board training to help associations meet their governance goals
- To provide executive coaching based on desired goals and outcomes
To positively impact leadership and human systems in associations by helping people to master competencies in adaptive leadership, strategic communication, organizing, relationship management (team building), conflict resolution, and aligned thinking.
Our Core Values
- To focus on excellence in consultation, design, execution, and assessment of experiential training engagements
- To maintain open lines of communication to ensure association needs are fulfilled at the highest level of service and commitment
- To understand the association’s current reality and desired future
- To perform professional duties with respect for confidentiality
- To design interventions customized for each unique environment
- To be knowledgeable of best practices in association effectiveness and leadership development
My closing thought: never underestimate the power of the small voice. We never know what treasures are locked inside of us until we pause to settle our minds and listen from within.